The Music program of University of South Florida is coupled with a vigorous, balanced curriculum in music theory, music literature, and electives. Students in this major are mentored expertly by senior faculty and exhibit mastery of their specialty at the end of the course of study by way of appropriate capstone experiences, including recitals or theses and comprehensive examinations. The provisions and balance of these experiences comport precisely with the curriculum guidelines required by the National Association of Schools of Music.
Many USF music alumni are currently performers in a variety of concert settings and successful teachers in public schools, colleges, and universities around the country in a variety of concert settings. The School of Music at USF offers the student the opportunity to study with distinguished faculty and to be in the company of other superior music students for an exciting and exacting period of study.
Major Research Areas:
Chamber Music, Composition, Conducting, Jazz Studies, Music Performance, Music Theory, Pedagogy, Electronic Music,
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Twentieth Century Music Literature
- Symphonic Literature
- Analysis of 18th and 19th Century Music
- Analysis of Twentieth Century Music
- Critical Analysis-History
- Seminar Jazz Styles and Analysis
- Successful auditions and/or interviews are required for acceptance
- Diagnostic tests in music theory and history must be taken before classes begin in the first semester
- GRE scores are not required
- An official undergraduate Transcript for a completed undergraduate degree in music (from an accredited program) is required with the application
- The GPA for all music courses included in the undergraduate degree must be at least 3.00
- English language proficiency
International15864 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15864 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National15864 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15864 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
In-State7840 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7840 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.