The requirements for this degree allow students to prepare for entry into the Ph.D. program in (applied) mathematics or for employment in teaching, business, industry, or government.
Many graduate students earn this degree along the way to earning their Ph.D. in our doctoral program.
Students in the Mathematics program at the Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute who successfully complete this program will be able to:
- Demonstrate mastery of graduate-level courses in mathematics covering a range of topics, including mathematical analysis, mathematical methods and modeling, computational mathematics, and operations research.
- Demonstrate mastery of graduate-level courses in at least one area outside of mathematics.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The plan of study should represent a reasonably broad program in mathematics and must contain:
- At least four graduate (6000) level courses of four credits each, of which at least two must have numbers in the range MATH-6000 to MATH-6390.
- At least four courses coded MATH or MATP of four credits each.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics View 542 other Masters in Mathematics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Graduate Application
- Nonrefundable application processing fee of $75
- Personal Statement
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Two letters of recommendation
- Portfolio, if required by department
- IT Background Evaluation form (IT only)
- Transcripts and Degrees
- GRE/GMAT Scores
International55600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 55600 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National55600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 55600 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.