- This Couples and Family Therapy program at University of Oregon prepares students to become professional family therapists in preparation for licensure in any US state that offers an LMFT license.
- Our program uses a cohort model, meaning students generally start together and graduate with each other. Clinical supervision courses are small (6–8 students to each faculty member), and we emphasize a noncompetitive environment that places high value on acceptance, cooperation, and respect for diversity.
The CFT program has been accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Marriage and Family Therapy Education (COAMFTE) of the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (link is external) (AAMFT) since 2003, and approved by the Oregon Board of Licensed Professional Counselors and Therapists (link is external) (OBLPCT).
- Counselling Therapy
- Family Studies
- Group Dynamics
- Healthy Relationships
- Parenting Interventions
- Marriage Family Therapy
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFamily & Consumer Science Psychology Counselling Psychology View 668 other Masters in Counselling Psychology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Official Transcripts
- English Language Proficiency Requirement
- Financial Verification for International Applicants
- CV or Resume
- Diversity Essay (replace "Anti-Racism Statement" with "Diversity Essay"
- Purpose Statement (replace "Statement of Purpose" with "Purpose Statement")
- Letters of Recommendation
- GMAT/GRE/MAT not required
International31455 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31455 USD per year during 24 months.
National31455 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31455 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State18495 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18495 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Eugene
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.