Exercise Physiology at Florida State University prepares students for graduate study in exercise physiology and post-graduate training in medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, chiropractic, physician’s assistant, and physical or occupational therapy programs. Students are also prepared for positions as personal trainers and health fitness instructors with hospital-based and corporate fitness programs.
Graduates are prepared to enter certification programs offered through the American College of Sports Medicine. The program requires extensive coursework in anatomy, physiology, chemistry, exercise physiology, and metabolism.
- Research Design and Methodology
- Research Design and Methodology Laboratory
- Research Methods
- Supervised Teaching
- Advanced Exercise Physiology
- Nutrition and Exercise Performance
- Cardiorespiratory Evaluation
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesSports Sciences Kinesiology Physiology View 277 other Masters in Kinesiology in United States
- An upper-division undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. The same scale applies for graduate-level work.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent from an accredited university.
- Prerequisites must be completed before you enter the program; applicants that have not completed all prerequisites as per transcripts submitted (or cannot prove that he/she will complete the courses prior to the start of the graduate program) will be denied admission.
- A competitive Graduate Record Examination General Test (GRE) score; recommended score of above the 50th percentile (approximately 150) in both verbal and quantitative sections with a 4.0 or higher on the writing section.
- A visit to the department is encouraged.
International34410 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1110 USD per credit during 12 months.
National34410 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1110 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State14849 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 479 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Tallahassee
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.