About this Degree
Surface design courses explore a variety of screen-printing techniques (cut-paper stencils, photo processes, thermofax, polychromatic, etc.) as well as mechanical and paste resist-dye methods. Quilt and construction techniques are combined with hand-dyed fabrics. Repeat pattern is more fully developed in the rendering course. Weaving courses explore both multi-shaft textile construction and image based weaver-controlled skills. Courses in Fiber Forms focus on three-dimensional construction processes (basketry, feltmaking, knit, crochet, knotting, twining, plaiting, etc.).
The Textiles - Fibers faculty at University of Kansas strive to create a supportive studio environment in which all students can develop the strongest work possible. Students are encouraged to find their personal interest and focus whether they are interested in creating artwork or producing designs for the textile industry.
- Fiber Forms
- Textile Handprinting and Resist Processes
- Screenprinting Textiles
- Weave Structures
- Techniques in Weaving
- Intermediate Textile Printing
- Surface Design
- Advanced Fiber Forms
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Fashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods View 84 other Masters in Fashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods in United States
- The committees expect applicants to have the B.F.A. or B.A. degree or equivalent experience. In general, committees expect applicants to present about 70 hours of undergraduate credit in studio or related professional courses, to have maintained an undergraduate overall grade-point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, particularly in visual art courses, and to have had a minimum of 9 hours of credit in art history.
- Online Admissions Application
- Application Fee
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- Official Transcript(s)
- Statement of Purpose
- Resume or CV
- Digital Portfolio
International23951 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23951 USD per year during 36 months.
National23951 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23951 USD per year during 36 months.
In-State9989 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9989 USD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Lawrence
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.