In addition to regular courses in metal casting, wood carving / fabrication, and metal fabrication, students are encouraged to work with site-specific and installation genres.
Preparing and Inspiring Artist Scholars for Careers in Sculpture Visual Art
The University of Kansas is the school of choice for ambitious art students throughout the region. The Department of Visual Art provides students with the technical skill and cultural awareness essential to the careers of professional artists, scholars, teachers or administrators. Seminars on specialized topics, a strong visiting artist schedule, trips to major cities, and study abroad possibilities all enrich students studying Visual Art at the University of Kansas.
- Direct Metal Fabrication
- Advanced Special Topics in Sculpture
- Metal and Glass Casting
- Art and Ecology: Inhabiting the Ecosphere
- The Figure 3D: Modeling and Molding
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Interior Design View 866 other Masters in Visual Arts in United States
- The committees expect applicants to have the B.F.A. or B.A. degree or equivalent experience. In general, committees expect applicants to present about 70 hours of undergraduate credit in studio or related professional courses, to have maintained an undergraduate overall grade-point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, particularly in visual art courses, and to have had a minimum of 9 hours of credit in art history.
- Online Admissions Application
- Application Fee
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- Official Transcript(s)
- Statement of Purpose
- Resume or CV
- Digital Portfolio
International23951 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23951 USD per year during 36 months.
National23951 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23951 USD per year during 36 months.
In-State9989 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9989 USD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Lawrence
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.