Art history reveals that painting offers unending territory for the creative and expressive act. If pursued with rigor, it offers immense rewards as a vehicle to engage with the world while, at the same time, serving as a mirror for cultural understanding and self-reflection.
Painting - Drawing at University of Kansas
Painting students move through a curriculum that builds technical skill and knowledge. You will enjoy the substantial resources and opportunities offered by a large, comprehensive studio art program including individual senior studios, internships, scholarships, travel grants, visiting artists and study abroad trips. Large classrooms accommodate a variety of painting projects, including large-scale work. Faculty members are diverse, active practitioners who exhibit nationally and internationally while teaching structured courses that lead to a variety of special topics and independent study courses. Faculty members actively support student research and mentor students toward success.
- Landscape Painting
- Painting , Honors
- Advanced Special Topics in Painting
- The Figure
- Individual Studies in Drawing
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Visual Arts Film, Photography & Media View 819 other Masters in Visual Arts in United States
- The committees expect applicants to have the B.F.A. or B.A. degree or equivalent experience. In general, committees expect applicants to present about 70 hours of undergraduate credit in studio or related professional courses, to have maintained an undergraduate overall grade-point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, particularly in visual art courses, and to have had a minimum of 9 hours of credit in art history.
- Online Admissions Application
- Application Fee
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- Official Transcript(s)
- Statement of Purpose
- Resume or CV
- Digital Portfolio
International23951 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23951 USD per year during 36 months.
National23951 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23951 USD per year during 36 months.
In-State9989 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9989 USD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Lawrence
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.