The Health Education and Psychology of Physical Activity at University of Kansas requires a minimum of thirty graduate semester hours for a thesis option and thirty-six graduate semester hours for a non-thesis option for each respective specialization in HSES. A 3.00 Grade Point Average must be maintained throughout the program of study.
This program is a Master of Science in Education degree in health and physical education with an emphasis in health education & psychology of physical activity. It does not lead to initial nor advanced teacher education licensure.
As a graduate student in the Master’s program, you can choose between two tracks within your program of study:
- Non-Thesis Track (36 credit hours)
- Thesis Track (30 credit hours)
- Regardless of which program track you choose (thesis vs. non-thesis), you are able to select tailored program coursework in consultation with your faculty advisor and enhance your learning to fit the needs of your professional interests and educational needs.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- If you are an international applicant, we strongly encouraged you to complete the application process well in advance of these deadlines
DisciplinesSports Sciences Health Education View 574 other Masters in Sports Sciences in United States
- Regular admission requires a bachelor’s degree and a grade-point average (GPA) of at least a B (3.0 on a 4.0 scale) from a regionally accredited institution, like KU, or a foreign university with substantially equivalent bachelor’s degree requirements.
- If you are an international applicant, we strongly encouraged you to complete the application process well in advance of these deadlines, in order to ensure adequate time for processing of visa-related paperwork. The graduate admissions committee will make selections when all support documents have been received.
International18473 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18473 USD per year during 12 months.
National18473 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18473 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State8002 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8002 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Lenexa
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.