Programs of study for Plan B require a total of at least 35 semester hours.
Students from the Statistics Department at the University of Kentucky will typically fulfill this requirement by taking electives (additional courses besides the shared core and track requirements) in Fall and Spring of their second year. Programs of study for Plan A (with thesis) require a total of at least 29 semester hours which are satisfied by either of the two course lists above.
Before the end of the second semester, the M.S. candidate must present a proposed plan of study for approval by the Director of Graduate Studies. There are no formal minor requirements.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Introduction to Statistical Methods
- Introduction to Linear Models and Experimental Design
- Computational Inference
- Theory of Statistical Inference
- Theory of Probability
- Longitudinal Data Analysis
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesStatistics View 409 other Masters in Statistics in United States
- The University of Kentucky requires a minimum score of 550 (paper-based) on the Test of
- English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) for all applicants whose native language is not English
- (or who did not graduate from an accredited English-speaking College or University). The
- equivalent score on the computer version of the TOEFL is 213 and the internet-based test is 79.
- Applicants may also utilize the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) to
- satisfy the language requirement. A minimum
International33548 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33548 USD per year during 12 months.
National33548 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33548 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State13674 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13674 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Lexington-Fayette
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.