A "springboard" to a Ph.D. program:
Many students, upon graduation with a Bachelor's degree, are very interested in continuing their physics studies, but are faced with some uncertainties. Some are unsure as to whether or not they wish to commit immediately to a Ph.D. program, which typically lasts 5-7 years. Others are clear in their desire to eventually pursue a Ph.D., and possibly a career in academia, but feel the necessity to first strengthen their understanding of physics at an advanced level. In both cases, the two-year M.S. program is perfectly suited to achieve these goals.
Training for industry:
The Physics program of the University of Massachusetts Amherst provides critical training for jobs in industry, with specializations in areas of physics that overlap with other fields, such as geosciences, engineering, polymer science, data science, etc. The student and faculty advisor together design a “specialization” track that incorporates courses that help build the skills and experience needed for entry into the private sector.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Radiation Physics (with lab)
- Electronics for Scientists
- Optics (with lab)
- Elementary Particles
- Solid State Physics
- Advanced Electricity and Magnetism
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics View 388 other Masters in Physics in United States
- Application Form
- Application Fee
- Three Academic Recommendations
- Official Transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate institutions attended
- Official GRE (required for PhD application, optional for MS application) and Official TOEFL Test Scores: Unofficial scores are acceptable for review purposes, however official score reports will be required if enrolling.
- Financial Statement - If enrolling, international students must complete the "International Student Financial Statement". For Visa eligibility, it is mandatory for international students to demonstrate that they can support their academic life while in school.
International20080 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10040 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National20080 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10040 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
In-State9342 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4671 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.