The Anatomy and Cell Biology program at University of Kansas emphasizes research and the skills and knowledge required to perform and communicate the results of research. Since modern biomedical researchers/educators must be versed in a number of disciplines, the course of study in the Department is broadly based. The research opportunities in the department are widely varied and will accommodate many interests.
During your graduate career, your graduate education and training in the Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology will help you to fulfill the following expectations:
- Become knowledgeable in the areas of study included in the IGPBS (Interdisciplinary Graduate Program in the Biomedical Sciences) core curriculum: cell biology, biochemistry, molecular biology, and integrated systems level biology.
- Obtain in-depth and up-to-date expertise in a specialized area of knowledge that is appropriate for the field of your dissertation research project.
- Make original and high quality contributions to the scientific literature in your chosen research field.
- To become familiar with the scientific literature through general and specialized journals in biological research, and to develop the ability to critically evaluate the original research in your own and related fields.
- Become skilled in organizing and communicating information in oral presentations, and to respond to critical questioning.
- Develop clarity, conciseness, and precision in writing, to aid in grant application writing and publication of your original research results.
- To learn how to ask incisive scientific questions and gain experience in the design, performance and interpretation of laboratory experiments and observations.
- To gain familiarity with the preparation and writing of grant applications.
- To prepare for the teaching as well as the research aspects of an academic career.
- To obtain instruction in research skills and responsible scholarship.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Proteins and Metabolism
- Molecular Genetics
- Cellular Structure
- Cell Communication
- Biomedical Research
- Faculty Research
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Microbiology Biochemistry View 1018 other Masters in Biology in United States
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution documented by submission of official transcript indicating the degree has been conferred before entering the program.
- A cumulative grade-point average (GPA) of at least a 3.0 on a 4.0 scale for the bachelor’s degree.
- A background check is required during the admission process; it may affect the student's eligibility to enter the program.
- An official copy of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) score
- Three letters of recommendation.
- Prerequisite coursework
- Research experience (beyond labs associated with lecture courses) is strongly suggested.
- Interview - the most qualified applicants will receive an invitation for an interview.
- Applicants will be assessed based on a combination of GPA, research experience, and interview. After an applicant has been admitted, a program may defer an applicant's admission for one year after which time the applicant must submit a new application.
International19322 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19322 USD per year during 36 months.
National17813 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17813 USD per year during 36 months.
In-State7581 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7581 USD per year during 36 months.
- Annual tuition for 18 credits
Living costs for Lawrence
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.