Our Youth Development Leadership program affords students the opportunity to receive a comprehensive discipline of study that (1) develops effective leaders to work with youth to foster healthy living and preparation for successful adulthood; and (2) expands the body of knowledge of best practices in serving youth.
The 2-year Master of Science degree program is designed to prepare leaders to build the capacity for youth to successfully act within their families and communities by equipping them with the knowledge and skills related to:
- Theories of Youth Development
- Best Practices
- Child and Adolescent Development
- Youth Program Services
- Family Intervention
- Research and Evaluation
- Leadership Skills Development
Similarly, the online Certificate program can be completed within one year and is designed to equip professionals with competencies that augment their bachelor's degree in a related field.
- Public Data Analysis 3
- Theories of Youth Development: An Applied Perspective 3
- Child and Adolescent Development 3
- Youth Development Programming in a Contemporary Society 3
- Creative and Ethical Leadership in a Changing Society 3
- Assessment and Evaluation of Youth Programs 3
- Youth Development in the Context of Family 3
- Youth Development in the Context of a Global and Diverse Society 3
- Internship in Youth Development 3
- Grantsmanship 3
- Management of Staff and Volunteers 3
- Special Topics in Youth Development Leadership 3
- Independent Study in Youth Development 1-6
- The Profession of Youth Development Leadership
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership View 1503 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United States
- Application Fee of $80 (domestic), $90 (international), $60 (non-degree).
- Online Application
- Personal Statement
- Letters of Recommendation
- U.S. universities are required by law to verify that students entering the United States on F-1 and J-1 visas have adequate financial resources to meet expenses.
- Applicants to graduate programs at Clemson University must hold a four-year bachelor's degree (or equivalent) or a master's degree from an institution whose scholastic rating is satisfactory to the University.
- Transcripts – Firstly, a set of unofficial transcripts is required. The the official transcripts are set to be submitted by the applicants who are offered admission.
International610 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 610 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National610 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 610 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
In-State610 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 610 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
- The Federal Pell Grant is the largest federal student aid gift assistance program available to undergraduates.
- The Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant is available to full-time, first-time undergraduates who have exceptional financial need.
- The South Carolina Need-Based Grant is a program awarded to South Carolina residents demonstrating financial need.
- Federal Perkins Undergraduate Loan - Awards are made on the basis of financial need, with priority given to students demonstrating exceptional need.
- Federal Graduate PLUS Loan - Students enrolled in graduate programs can apply. Students must enroll at least half-time (five hours) and maintain satisfactory academic progress.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.