Enroll now in the Music Master program delivered by the University of Massachusetts Amherst and choose one of the following Concentrations:
- Collaborative Piano
- Conducting, focusing on
- Choral Conducting
- Orchestral Conducting
- Wind Conducting
- Jazz Composition/Arranging
- Music Education, focusing on:
- Applied Study
- Music History
- Music Theory
- All M.M. students majoring in History/Musicology, Theory or Music Education/Research are required to write a thesis. In lieu of the thesis, Collaborative Piano majors must accompany four recitals, Composition and Jazz Composition/Arranging majors must submit an original composition in large form, and Performance and Music Education/Applied Music majors must perform a full recital.
- Music Education/Conducting majors must conduct a full public program or portion of a public program, or complete another capstone project approved by the conducting faculty. Music Education/Pedagogy majors must complete a capstone project approved by the music education faculty.
- Vocal Performance, Music History/Musicology, and Collaborative Piano majors have a foreign language proficiency requirement.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesMusic View 1111 other Masters in Music in United States
The Graduate School requires applicants to submit an official copy of all undergraduate and graduate transcripts, a personal statement, and two letters of recommendation. Some graduate programs require additional support materials as part of the application process.
To be considered for admission, international applicants whose native language is not English must submit verification of a TOEFL score at or above 550 (written) or 213 (computerized version) or 80 (IBT). These materials must be sent by the agency administering the TOEFL directly to the address below
International19686 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9843 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National19686 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9843 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
In-State9342 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4671 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.