Enroll now in the Music program of the University of Massachusetts Amherst and choose one of the following Concentrations:
- Collaborative Piano
- Conducting, focusing on
- Choral Conducting
- Orchestral Conducting
- Wind Conducting
- Jazz Composition/Arranging
- Music Education, focusing on:
- Applied Study
- Music History
- Music Theory
List of Instruments/Voice
Private Lessons (as part of graduate music degree programs) are offered in:
- Horn (French horn)
- String Bass
- Guitar (Jazz only)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Seminar: American Music
- Musicology Seminar II: Research in Musicology
- Haydn, Mozart, Beethoven
- Music of the 20th Century
- Seminar: History of Jazz
- Seminar: The History of Styles in Western Music
- Applicants must complete a bachelor’s degree from a U.S. college or university accredited by a regional accrediting association; or complete an international degree that is equivalent to a U.S. bachelor’s degree from a college or university recognized and approved by the Ministry of Education.
- Applicants whose native language is not English must demonstrate English proficiency.
- Application Fee ($80)
- Please submit your transcripts from all colleges/universities attended, undergraduate and graduate, where nine (9) or more credits were earned.
- Personal Statement and Résumé
- Most programs require a minimum of two letters of recommendation, but some programs require more.
- Residency Statement
- GRE or GMAT Scores
- The Department of Music & Dance requires an on-campus audition for all prospective students
International20080 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10040 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National20080 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10040 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
In-State9342 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4671 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.