Each course in the certificate program comes from the existing curriculum for the master’s degree in human resource development. Upon completion of the certificate, students may choose to continue in the master’s program, at which point they would be required to submit an application and meet entrance requirements. All coursework completed in the certificate will transfer into the master’s program.The certificate requires completion of two core courses: foundations of human resource development and leadership in organizations, as well as four additional electives from within the program.
The graduate certificate in Leadership Development at George Washington University is offered in the following locations and formats:
- GW's Foggy Bottom Campus: Classes meet once a week on weekday evenings;
- GW's Hampton Roads Center: Classes meet on evenings and weekends;
- GW's Ashburn, Va., Campus: Classes meet five times per year in a format that incorporates a global emphasis in human resource development. The program begins and ends at the Virginia Campus with classes alternating at affiliated sites in Asia, Europe and South America.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foundations of Human Resource Development
- Leadership in Organizations
- Development and Diversity
- Foundations of Curriculum Theory
- Theories of Learning and Development
- Foundations of Reading Development
- Introduction to International Curricula
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership View 1745 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Two (2) recommendations
- Prior academic records:Transcripts are required from all colleges and universities attended, whether or not credit was earned, the program was completed, or the credit appears as transfer credit on another transcript. Unofficial transcripts from all colleges and universities attended should be uploaded to your online application. Official transcripts are required only of applicants who are offered admission.
- Statement of purpose: In an essay of 250 to 500 words
- Additional requirements: A resumé is required.
International1825 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1825 USD per credit during .
National1825 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1825 USD per credit during .
Living costs for Washington, D. C.
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.