About the Program
Upon graduation, students have the critical thinking, networking, and analytical skills to succeed in planning practice. Our faculty, students, and alumni reflect the diversity of society and become effective leaders in the private, public, and non-profit sectors.
The Urban and Regional Planning program of the University of California, Irvine (UCI) is consistently ranked as one of the nation’s top professional planning programs with full accreditation from the Planning Accreditation Board (PAB).
The MURP program provides a balance of critical thinking and skills development, empowering students to address complex urban challenges. Our core courses are developed and taught by our academic faculty, who contribute to a wide breadth of research that links theory and practice across disciplines. Their expertise provides students with strong foundational knowledge, as well as guidance and opportunities for career-relevant involvement and experience beyond the classroom.
- History of Urban Planning
- Theoretical Foundations of Planning
- Plan Development and Communication
- Microeconomic Analysis for Urban Planning
- Quantitative Analysis for Planners
- Land Use Law
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Law Geographical Information Systems (GIS) Urban Planning View 53 other Masters in Geographical Information Systems (GIS) in United States
- A bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) from a recognized academic institution with degree standards equivalent to those of the University of California, with a minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0 (waivers for strong candidates with slightly lower GPAs are possible under certain circumstances)
- We welcome applicants from a wide range of undergraduate disciplines, and planning experience is not required
- Transcripts from colleges attended
- Statement of Purpose
- Personal History Statement
- Three letters of recommendation
- Application fees
International33619 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33619 USD per year during 24 months.
National33619 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33619 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State18517 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18517 USD per year during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.