Students in the Master of Arts in Arab Studies (MAAS) program from Georgetown University design a program of study that allows them to develop expertise on the pressing issues relevant to the Middle East and North Africa today in one of five concentration areas: Politics, Culture and Society, Development, History, or Women and Gender.
In addition to their main concentration, students select options from the full range of courses in Middle East Studies offered at Georgetown. The MAAS program further cultivates an in-depth understanding of the region through the program’s intensive Arabic instruction, which allows our students to reach proficiency level. Students have the unique opportunity to deepen their language skills by opting to take courses taught entirely in Arabic.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to the Study of the Arab World
- 20th c. Middle East History
- Culture and Society of the Arab World
- Development in the Arab World: Theories, Issues, and Institutions
- Women and Gender in the Arab World
- Economics of the Middle East
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Language Studies View 447 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in United States
- The Graduate School of Arts & Sciences online application form
- Statement of Purpose
- Résumé or Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Supplemental Essay
- Three letters of recommendation
- TOEFL/IELTS Score (International applicants only)
International2139 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2139 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National2139 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2139 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.