Meet our faculty
The Criminology, Law and Society program of the University of California, Irvine (UCI) is comprised of world-class faculty members from the Department of Criminology, Law and Society. They include former presidents of the American Society of Criminology; former presidents of the Law and Society Association, the Society for the Study of Social Problems, and the American Psychology-Law Society and fellows of the American Academy of Political and Social Science.
The Master of Advanced Study (MAS) in Criminology, Law and Society prepares graduates for leadership positions in a range of fileds such as corrections, law enforcement, social services, probation/parole, and a variety of public administrative roles. Students graduating from this program are positioned for career advancement as well as further academic endeavors.
- Police, Courts, and Corrections
- Crime and Social Deviance
- Public Policy, Crime and Criminal Justice
- Research Methods
- Legal Institutions and Society
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSociology Criminal Law Criminology View 133 other Masters in Sociology in United States
- Unofficial transcripts from each college or university attended to be uploaded on your online application
- Professional resume noting relevant work/academic experiences
- Three confidential letters of recommendation from three people who can evaluate your academic and professional achievement, describe your strengths and weaknesses, and comment on your character, integrity and motivation. Letters which speak to your ability to perform in a post graduate academic program are especially useful. These letters should be from professors, supervisors, or others (no family) who can attest to your work ethic, analytical thinking, communication skills, leadership potential, motivation, and commitment.
- Two formal statements demonstrating your writing ability and clarity of thought which includes a personal history describing your previous professional and academic achievements, and a formal statement of purpose, detailing current goals, and specifically how and why the MAS program will help you achieve them
International33619 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33619 USD per year during 24 months.
National33619 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33619 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State18517 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18517 USD per year during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.