About Political Science at The University of Iowa
- demonstrate in-depth knowledge of two major fields in the discipline and competency in one minor field (the minor field may be within the discipline, in an interdisciplinary subject, or in another related discipline);
- demonstrate advanced research skills, including advanced statistical analysis and broad knowledge of a range of theoretical and methodological approaches relevant to their field of research;
- demonstrate effective teaching skills following the pedagogical standards of the discipline;
- be familiar with and follow disciplinary norms and standards, including understanding issues related to ethical practices in research; professional, public, and collegial engagement; and instruction; and
- demonstrate a full understanding of the research enterprise, including an ability to engaging others' work and an ability to make original and substantial contributions to the field.
- Lawyers in the American Political System
- Big Ideas: Introduction to Information, Society, and Culture
- American Politics
- Political Behavior
- Political Thought and Action
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Relations Public Relations Political Science View 140 other Masters in Public Relations in United States
- A minimum grade-point average (GPA) of 3.00, or the foreign equivalent as determined by the Office of Admissions.
- English Proficiency Requirements
- You must first submit the online application to the Graduate College and pay the $60 application fee by credit card ($100 for international applicants)
- Your official GRE scores from Educational Testing Service
- Once recommended for admission, international students must send a Financial Statement.
- Application for Graduate Awards
- Letters of Reference (3)
- Resume or CV
- Statement of Purpose
- Writing Sample
- A set of your unofficial academic records/transcripts uploaded on your Admissions Profile
- Once recommended for admission, international students must send a Financial Statement
International29739 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29739 USD per year during 24 months.
National31012 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31012 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State12065 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12065 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Iowa City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.