The Animal Biotechnology and Biomedical Sciences program of University of Massachusetts Amherst offers research opportunities that foster creative excellence, technical mastery, intellectual independence, and recognition within the field of molecular and cellular biology. Our graduate faculty research encompasses various areas of immunology, infectious disease, developmental biology, reproductive biology and toxicology. Research topics focus on issues directly relevant to humans and agriculturally important animals. The strong commitment of our faculty to quality graduate education is evidenced by the continued placement of graduates in excellent career and post-doctoral positions.
The ABBS Graduate Program is housed primarily in the Integrated Sciences Building, a newly built, state-of-the-art research facility that houses laboratories equipped for tissue culture, micro-manipulation of cells and embryos, protein purification, genetic engineering/molecular biology, fluorescence microscopy and flow cytometry.
- To prepare scientists for future careers in academia or industry in the areas of animal biotechnology and/or biomedicine by providing them with experience in hypothesis formulation, problem solving and experimental design.
- To provide research opportunities in areas of immunology, infectious disease, developmental biology, reproductive biology and toxicology.
- To instill in students an understanding of hypothesis-driven experimental design and the desire to deepen scientific knowledge.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Cells, Genes and Development
- Advanced Immunology
- Advanced Cellular Biology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiomedicine Biotechnology Animal Sciences View 103 other Masters in Animal Sciences in United States
- A completed online application form
- Two letters of recommendation
- Completion of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- International students who are not from an English-speaking country must also take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) and score at least 550 (paper based test) or 80 (computer based test). This includes students from non-English speaking countries even though their degrees may have been awarded in English.
International20080 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10040 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National20080 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10040 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
In-State9342 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4671 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.