With processor chips now having multi-cores and turning into multiprocessors, all computing is turning into high-performance computing. This program addresses the professional preparedness needs arising from these current transformative developments and draws upon our advanced research engagements and our cutting-edge facilities in high-performance computing.
The objective of this program at George Washington University is to provide a mechanism for interdisciplinary computational engineers and scientists, as well as for computer engineers and scientists, to acquire up-to-date knowledge in the advances of computer systems. The certificate in High-Performance Computing program addresses the rapid growth and applications of multicore processors, parallel computers, hardware accelerators, and networked computing as a tool for engineering and scientific modeling.
It is carefully tailored to provide students with the necessary knowledge in the basic aspects of high performance computing, including programming, performance, architectures, systems, and applications. This certificate program offers an alternative to a Master of Science degree (M.S.) program, but it may also serve as a path towards the M.S. and/or doctoral degree(s).
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Microcomputer Systems Architecture
- Special Topics
- Introduction to High-Performance Computing
- High-Performance Processors
- Parallel Computer Architecture
- Grid and Network Computing
- Embedded Systems
- Modeling of VLSI Circuits
- High Level VLSI Design Methodology
- Numerical Electromagnetic
- Computational Techniques in Electrical Engineering
- Introduction to Finite Element Analysis
- Nonlinear Finite Element Modeling and Simulation
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesComputer Sciences View 1113 other Masters in Computer Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Transcripts are required from all colleges and universities attended, whether or not credit was earned, the program was completed, or the credit appears as transfer credit on another transcript. Unofficial transcripts from all colleges and universities attended must be uploaded to your online application. Official transcripts are required only of applicants who are offered admission.
- Statement of purpose: In an essay of 250 to 500 words, state your purpose in undertaking graduate study at The George Washington University
International23940 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1995 USD per credit during 12 months.
National23940 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1995 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Washington, D. C.
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.