Through Pastoral Studies coursework at Loyola University Chicago, focused contextual experiences, and an integration project, students explore and work to develop those personal qualities necessary for faithful service, spiritual practices grounded in God's Trinitarian life, theological knowledge and intellectual skills, and the pastoral abilities appropriate to their gifts and ministerial context. The MAPS degree at the Institute of Pastoral Studies offers students a systematic and broad foundation for a variety of ministries and the tools necessary to engage critically and constructively the challenges and opportunities of our contemporary context.
Students who enroll in the MAPS degree can study under the general MAPS program or focus their studies in one of four areas of concentration: health care chaplaincy, religious education, youth ministry, and digital communication.
- MAPS—Digital Communication Concentration
- MAPS—Health Care Chaplaincy Concentration
- MAPS—Religious Education Concentration
- MAPS—Youth Ministry Concentration.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Theology and Ministry
- Literature of Ancient Israel
- Christian Origins: An Exploration of the New Testament
- Christian Doctrine & Its History: Grace, Christ, & the Spirit
- Church and its Mission
- Liturgy and Christian Sacraments
- Christian Moral Theology and Ethics
- The Human Person and Psychological Development
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology Digital Communication View 158 other Masters in Digital Communication in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Completed Application Form
- Letters of Recommendation
- Statement of PurposeTest Scores (GMAT or GRE)
- Professional Resume
- Language Test Requirement
- Transcript Evaluation
International1033 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1033 USD per credit during 12 months.
National1033 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1033 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Chicago
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.