The graduate-level accelerated Nursing Science - Community and Population Health Nursing program of the University of California, Irvine (UCI) covers the foundation of nursing practice. Students achieve competencies in research and the ability to utilize scholarly evidence in the design, delivery, evaluation, and improvement of health care.
The small MEPN cohorts also have the opportunity to learn alongside our undergraduate prelicensure students in certain courses creating a mixed learning community. Additionally, the MEPN boasts a concentration in Community and Population Health Nursing (CPHN) preparing graduates to lead interprofessional health care teams that advocate for the expansion of health care opportunities to under-served populations.
- Accelerated program
- High-tech clinical simulation experiences throughout the curriculum
- Excellent clinical partnerships with rotations throughout UCI Health and immersion opportunities in local communities
- Leadership role preparation and interprofessional team building skills development
- Desirable concentration in Community and Population Health
- Applied Pharmacology
- Frameworks for Professional Nursing Practice
- Compassionate Care with Underserved Populations
- Research Methods and Evaluation for Evidence-Based Practice
- Older Adult Health Care
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing Community Development View 805 other Masters in Nursing in United States
- A non-nursing baccalaureate from a regionally accredited institution
- A cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher in your Bachelors degree
- Completion of all of the prerequisite courses listed below with a letter grade of C or higher: Statistics, Psychology, Sociology/Cultural Anthropology, Anatomy with lab, Physiology with lab, Microbiology with lab, a General Chemistry course OR a Chemistry course which includes a combination of inorganic (general), organic and biochemistry (must contain all 3)
- A personal history statement
- Statement of purpose
- Three letters of recommendation
- A current resumé
- Unofficial transcripts from all universities/institutions
- International Students need to supply TOEFL or IELTS English test scores
International33619 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33619 USD per year during 24 months.
National33619 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33619 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State18517 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18517 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Irvine
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.