With its unique location mere miles from Washington DC, the Master of Library and Information Science (MLIS) degree at the University of Maryland offers unparalleled opportunities to work with government agencies, non-profits, international organizations, and an amazing range of world-renowned libraries, museums, and archives.
The iSchool is a leader in the field of library and information science education, offering prominent programs of study in Archives and Digital Curation, School Libraries, and Advocacy and Leadership, while also advancing LIS education by developing unique programs in Youth Experience, Community Analytics, and Diversity and Inclusion.
The combination of responsive coursework, innovative programs, a faculty of noted scholars and professional leaders, and opportunities available only within this region makes an MLIS degree from the University of Maryland an excellent starting point for a career. Our commitment to the career success of students is reflected in the very strong placement rate of graduates with full-time jobs in the profession, many of them in the Washington, DC area.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Serving Information Needs
- Achieving Organizational Excellence
- Creating Information Infrastructures
- Designing Principled Inquiry
- Field Study in Archives, Records, and Information Management
- Introduction to Archives & Digital Curation
- Privacy and Security in a Networked World
- Information Policy
- Policy and Ethics in Digital Curation
- Introduction to Programming for the Information Professional
- Database Design
- Implementing the Curation and Management of Digital Assets
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesLibrary Science View 73 other Masters in Library Science in United States
- University of Maryland Graduate School Application
- There is a non-refundable application fee ($75) for each program to which an applicant applies.
- Statement of Purpose
- Three (3) letters of recommendation
- A current resume or CV
- Supplemental Materials
- GRE Scores
- TOEFL/IELTS Scores
International1625 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1625 USD per credit during 12 months.
National1625 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1625 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State731 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 731 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for College Park
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.