About the Program
The department is dedicated to providing life-long development, instilling a sense of professional responsibility, and serving our society. We provide an environment that promotes teamwork and values integrity and honesty in all efforts. Civil and environmental engineering is an inherently interdisciplinary field. As such, students select groups of courses in one or more related application areas, such as computer science, applied mathematics, urban and regional planning, economics, chemistry and management.
Faculty members of the Civil and Environmental Engineering program of the University of California, Irvine (UCI) have interest and research expertise in four primary areas: hydrology and water resources systems; structures, geotechnics and materials; transportation systems and environmental and energy systems.
- Environmental Chemistry
- Carbon & Energy Footprint Analysis
- Advanced Biological Treatment Processes
- Carbon & Energy Footprint
- Geotech Earthquake Engineering
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Civil Engineering & Construction General Engineering & Technology View 452 other Masters in Civil Engineering & Construction in United States
- A cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 during undergraduate study
- The general portion of the GRE is required for all applicants. UCI does not require a minimum score on the GRE
- International applicants must take either the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) exams
- Applicants must upload unofficial transcripts directly to the online application for all institutions attended since high school. If an applicant is admitted, official transcripts will be requested only from the institution(s) were a degree was earned.
- Personal History Statement & Statement of Purpose
- Letters of Recommendation
International33619 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33619 USD per year during 24 months.
National33619 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33619 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State18517 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18517 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Irvine
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.