Areas of research for the Microbiology program offered by the University of California, Davis, span fundamental, applied, and pathogenic microbiology, including bacterial and viral pathogenesis, eukaryotic microbiology, microbial genomics and genetics, microbial physiology and development, microbial ecology and environmental microbiology, cancer biology, and bioengineering and bioremediation. Current faculty members utilize molecular genetics to study the biology of individual microbes and also use microbial and non-microbial models for the study of specific cellular processes, including recombination, stress responses, aging, cancer, DNA repair, and mutagenesis.
- Microbial Biology
- Recombinant DNA
- Research rotations
- Mechanisms for microbial interactions with hosts
- Molecular biology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMicrobiology Biochemistry Genetics View 292 other Masters in Microbiology in United States
- The fee to apply is $105 (U.S. applicants) or $125 (international applicants)
- In the prerequisite section of the application, please list all biology, biochemistry, and microbiology related coursework along with the received grade
- Letters of Recommendation
- UC Davis requires academic records from each college-level institution you have attended
- Application (online)
- Official university/college/community college transcripts
- Three letters of recommendation
International11700 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11700 USD per year during 12 months.
National11700 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11700 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Davis
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.