Drawing from management, computer science, information systems, and information science, the Master of Information Management (MIM) program at University of Maryland provides students with the skills and knowledge necessary to successfully meet users’ information needs, lead efforts to develop organizations' information management capabilities, develop and deploy emerging technologies, and manage high-value information resources.
The specific goals of the MIM program are to:
- Prepare professionals for leadership positions that bridge the gap between technology-oriented staff, functional personnel, and management;
- Address the growing need for skilled information professionals who can strategically manage information and technology assets to fulfill critical information needs in organizations;
- Provide leadership in the information management field through the study of ethical, political, social, and technical issues related to information management in modern society;
- Assist organizations in the formation of information policies, development and application of information systems and services, and the use of information management technologies and methods.
- Information Environments
- Information Technology and Organizational Context
- Users and Use Context
- Management of Information Programs and Services
- Project Requirements Gathering
- Project Planning
- Project Execution
- Project Conclusion
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaster in Management (MIM) Business Information Systems View 67 other Masters in Master in Management (MIM) in United States
- Statement of Purpose
- TOEFL/IELTS/PTE (international graduate students)
- Letters of Recommendation (3)
- GRE scores are required for all applicants, except domestic applicants with an undergraduate GPA of 3.25 or higher. Any requests to waive the GRE requirement will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis by the program committee. GMAT scores may also be submitted instead of GRE scores (please notify the department if you will be sending GMAT scores). Please send any requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Supplementary Application: Please note: Though the responses to these questions may have some overlap with the Graduate School’s statement of purpose – applicants may cut and paste, as relevant, from the Graduate School’s statement submission.
International61416 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1706 USD per credit during 12 months.
National61416 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1706 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State27648 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 768 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for College Park
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.