About this Degree
The primary mission of social work is to enhance human well-being and to help meet the basic human needs of all people, with particular attention to the needs and empowerment of people who are vulnerable, oppressed, and living in poverty.
Professional social workers are employed in schools, hospitals, mental health clinics, senior centers, elected office, private practice, prisons, corporations, and in many public and private agencies that serve individuals and families in need.
Students leave our program as competent and creative social workers ready for advanced practice. The Master degree in Social Work at the University of Georgia is fully accredited by the Council on Social Work Education and our school is ranked in the top 25 percent of social work graduate programs nationwide.
The MSW program also offers courses that lead to certificates in:
- Marriage and Family Therapy
- Nonprofit Management
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSocial Work Sociology View 544 other Masters in Social Work in United States
Applications are complete when the following items are submitted to the Graduate School:
- The Graduate School application. Application fee: $75
- GRE Test Scores: not required unless applicant deems they are instrumental in demonstrating academic promise.
- Transcripts – Upload unofficial transcripts from all institutions attended to the Graduate School application. Send official transcripts after you are offered admission.
- Narrative Statement – Highlight your commitment to the values of the social work profession as reflected in the NASW code of ethics and clearly specify your career objectives.
- Resumé – Include details of your work experience in human service through paid, volunteer and internship experiences.
- Three letters of recommendation supporting your readiness for graduate work, appropriate interpersonal skills and talent for leadership.
- MSW supplemental form
International24676 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24676 USD per year during 24 months.
National24676 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24676 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State8698 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8698 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Athens
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.