About the Program
The department offers the Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering program of the University of California, Irvine (UCI). The departments' 31 faculty members are conducting cutting-edge multidisciplinary research in five thrust areas: biotechnology, energy, environment, microstructured materials and nanotechnology.
Graduate students participate in all aspects of the department through the CBE Graduate Student Association, which fields representatives for biweekly faculty meetings and plays an active role in the faculty hiring process.
- Innovative graduate program to study
Cutting edge multi-disciplinary research in:
- Biomolecular Engineering and Biomaterials
- Energy and Sustainability
- Microstructured Materials
- Nanotechnology and Nanoengineering
Distinguished faculty and outstanding facilities Competitive fellowship packages are available to outstanding applicants interested in Ph.D. degree programs
- Applied Engineering Mathematics
- Reaction Engineering
- Transport Phenomena
- Advanced Engineering Thermodynamics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemical Engineering Biology General Engineering & Technology View 259 other Masters in Chemical Engineering in United States
- A cumulative GPA of 3.20 during undergraduate study is recommended for admission
- Application fee ($120 for U.S. Citizens and lawful U.S. Permanent Residents, and $140 for all other applicants)
- GRE scores
- TOEFL or IELTS scores
- Three letters of recommendation are required
International33619 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33619 USD per year during 24 months.
National33619 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33619 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State18517 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18517 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Irvine
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.