About this Degree
Through coursework and learning experiences in the field, MPH students receive training to provide service and leadership in public health in the state of Georgia, for the nation, and around the globe. The two-year MPH program at the University of Georgia College of Public Health is designed for health professionals who wish to expand their skills, knowledge, and expertise, and for students who wish to build a career in public health.
Students can choose one of seven concentrations areas: Biostatistics, Disaster Management, Environmental Health Science, Epidemiology, Gerontology, Health Policy and Management, and Health Promotion and Behavior. The College also offers a number of dual degree options allowing students to pair the MPH with an undergraduate or graduate degree in another field of interest.
Students in the Master of Public Health (MPH) program at the University of Georgia College of Public Health complete five courses related to the five areas of public health, courses in the area of concentration, plus a number of elective courses. Core courses are Social and Behavioral Foundations, Introduction to Epidemiology, Introduction to Biostatistics, Fundamentals of Environmental Health, and Introduction to Health Policy and Management.
Core Course Requirements:
- Environmental Health
- Health Policy and Management
- Social & Behavioral Foundations in Public Health
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Administration Health Sciences View 1104 other Masters in Health Administration in United States
- A minimum GPH of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale is recommended for consideration during the admissions process.
- Online SOPHAS application and fee. MPH degree program applicants must apply via the Schools of Public Health Application Service (SOPHAS). For detailed information, please visit the SOPHAS website.
- Official academic transcripts.
- A resume/CV and statement of purpose.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- World Education Services (WES) Course Evaluations. Only WES evaluations of international coursework are accepted for inclusion in your SOPHAS application. Any WES-evaluated coursework cleared through SOPHAS will be reviewed once both application steps are fully completed. For specific details, please refer to www.wes.org/sophas.
- Certificate of Finances (COF) Form and Visa Information. Please visit the UGA Graduate School website for more information.
International22565 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 45130 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
National22565 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 45130 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
In-State14264 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28528 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
Living costs for Athens
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.