Aimed primarily at modern or contemporary dancers with a high skill level and background in creating and performing at a professional level, opportunities abound in the creation of cross-disciplinary projects, presenting choreography in formal and informal settings throughout the three years, performing in guest artist and faculty works, presenting academic work at conferences and symposia, and participating in community-based performance and scholarly events.
The Dance program at University of Maryland culminates with a thesis: an original choreographed and performed creative project and a written thesis. The third year also includes an off-campus internship with a professional arts organization, research venue, agency, company, or school.
Facilities and Special Resources
The location of the campus, eight miles away from Washington D.C., places the School a half hour away from America’s arts district where one may study and enjoy a wide variety of offerings of ballet, modern and broad variety of dance forms. Washington D.C. is also a center for policy and participation in the public discourse about the arts.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Graduate Dance Research
- Graduate Studies in Dance Pedagogy
- Graduate Choreography
- Workshop in the Direction of Dance Production
- Dance Technology and Media
- Choreography and Collaboration
- Dance in a Global Context
- Graduate Choreography Projects
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesTheatre & Dance View 294 other Masters in Theatre & Dance in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Statement of Purpose
- TOEFL/IELTS/PTE (international graduate students)
- Letters of Recommendation (3)
- Sample of Work: A 10-15 minute video, providing example of applicant’s choreography with a description to include name of the work, performers and other choreographers, either on the applicant’s professional website or through a Vimeo/YouTube link entered into the Multimedia Requirements section of the application
International51180 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1706 USD per credit during 24 months.
National51180 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1706 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State23040 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 768 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for College Park
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.