The nonprofit sector in the United States is enormous. According to the National Council on Nonprofits, it comprises approximately six percent of the U.S. GDP, with nearly 1.5 million registered nonprofit organizations that attract a quarter of the adult population as volunteers. As the sector continues to grow, managers with diverse experiences and skills are increasingly in demand.
About this Nonprofit Management and Leadership Degree at the University of Georgia
The curriculum includes 33 total credits of coursework and internships covering a range of fundamental topics including fundraising, financial administration, volunteer management, grant proposal writing and fundamental theories regarding the role of nonprofit in society. Electives can be taken across campus and internships are located in Athens, throughout Georgia, across the U.S. and globally. Knowledge acquired is scalable from small to large organizations, and applies to a wide spectrum of interests and areas, including but not limited to community services, social welfare, environmental advocacy, faith-based charity, sports and recreation, education and the arts.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Theory and Management of Nonprofit Organizations
- Evaluation of Professional Practice
- Fundraising & Development for NP Organizations
- Nonprofit Financial Management
- Managing Volunteers
- Grant Proposal Writing for Nonprofit Organizations
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLeadership View 563 other Masters in Leadership in United States
- Apply to the UGA Graduate School online
- Goals Statement
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- Prospective students should have a cumulative undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of no less than 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Entrance test scores (GRE, MAT, GMAT) are not required for admission unless the applicant deems they are instrumental in demonstrating academic promise. International applicants whose primary language is not English must submit official TOEFL or IELTS language proficiency scores as required by the Graduate School.
International24676 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24676 USD per year during 12 months.
National24676 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24676 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State8698 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8698 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Athens
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.