The M.F.A. Theatre Studies degree also prepares Theatre artists to teach in a studio area at the university level. The program emphasizes both theory and practice.
A flexible program at Illinois State University allows you to customize your course of study and build a solid foundation for further M.F.A. or Ph.D. studies, for teaching at the community college level, or for other professional careers in theatre, such as dramaturgy or literary management.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Topics In The Literature Of The Theatre
- Directed Projects
- Acting II
- Acting Style: Discovery And Performance
- Acting On Camera
- Musical Theatre
- Viewpoints And Composition
- Theatrical Costume Design
- History And Styles Of Stage Costuming I
- Costume Construction
- Costume Crafts
- History And Styles Of Stage Costuming II
- Advanced Costume Design
- Directing Workshop
- Oral Interpretation Of Literature I
- Introduction To Stage Management
- Principles Of Theatre Management
- Advanced Theatre Management
- Advanced Stage Management
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesTheatre & Dance View 278 other Masters in Theatre & Dance in United States
To be considered for this program, you must submit the following materials:
- statement of purpose
- resume or c.v.
- one example of scholarly writing
- names and email addresses of three references for letters of recommendation within the online application
International17651 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17651 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National17651 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17651 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
In-State9676 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9676 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.