The master of fine arts degree program in Theatre at Pennsylvania State University pursues the following objectives:
- to assist each student in acquiring discriminating taste and critical judgment in theatre;
- to help each student attain skills and proficiencies in theatre;
- to provide the training, discipline, and opportunities essential to the development of a professional ability in at least one area of theatre; and
- to prepare each student for an active career in academic and/or professional theatre or other areas within the entertainment industry.
- Advanced Theatre Projects
- Theatre History: Ancient to 1700
- Theatre History: American Theatre
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesTheatre & Dance View 292 other Masters in Theatre & Dance in United States
- A broad undergraduate preparation in theatre, including 3 credits each in acting, directing, stagecraft, and theatre history; and 6 credits of dramatic literature;
- 12 credits in related subject areas such as communications, oral interpretation, art, business, music, and dance; and
- Submission of a vita and at least three letters of recommendation.
- Submission of evidence of professional potential in the proposed area of specialization-auditions, prompt books, portfolios, manuscripts, and other appropriate presentations-to the applicable study program(s) by arrangement with the department; and
- A personal interview to be arranged by the student.
International37694 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 37694 USD per year and a duration of 36 months.
National37694 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 37694 USD per year and a duration of 36 months.
In-State21960 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 21960 USD per year and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.