About this Degree
Graduate study in History at the University of Georgia offers many advantages: a top notch faculty; a small program allowing for a great deal of individual mentoring; the resources of a major research university; and an excellent record of placement.
There are significant concentrations of strength in early America, African America, American South, Latin America, Europe, social and cultural history, history of capitalism, gender and sexuality, war and society, religions, transnational history, and the history of agriculture and the environment.
- Studies in American History
- U.S. Civil War
- The New Jim Crow: The Criminalization of Black People in America
- Religions in the Caribbean and Brazil
- European Popular Culture
- History of Evolutionary Science
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory Ancient History Modern History View 324 other Masters in Modern History in United States
- Transcripts - Unofficial transcripts should be uploaded to the application.
- GRE (Required for all applicants). Official scores must be sent directly from the ETS Testing Services.
- Three recommendations are required by the UGA Graduate School.
- Personal Statement (1-2 page MAXIMUM)
- Writing Sample (10-12 pages MAXIMUM)
- Resume OR Curriculum Vitae (do not send both)
- Department of history short supplemental survey form.
International24676 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24676 USD per year during 12 months.
National24676 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24676 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State8698 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8698 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Athens
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.