Specifically, the study of music therapy at the graduate level is expected to qualify individuals for supervisory or coordinator positions in arts therapies, to qualify individuals for entry-level college or university positions in music therapy, and to prepare individuals to produce and to disseminate scholarly work in music therapy through presentation or publication.
Music - Music Therapy students at Illinois State University are expected to continue their development as musicians while simultaneously increasing their therapeutic knowledge and skills.The graduate curriculum in music therapy accomplishes its purpose by providing advanced study in music, the behavioral sciences, music therapy theory and application, and research methodology.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Current Trends And Issues In Music Therapy
- Applying Counseling Approaches In Music Therapy
- Music Therapy Teaching, Administration, And Supervision
- Music Since 1950
- Application Of Systematic Research Methods To Music
- Professional Practice: Music Therapy Supervision
- Opera Practicum
- Ensembles: Jazz
- Ensembles: Guitar
- Madrigal Singers
- Wind Symphony
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic View 975 other Masters in Music in United States
A student applying to this program must:
- Have completed an undergraduate degree in music (or the equivalent for international students) and earned a minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.8 for the last 60 hours of undergraduate enrollment.
- Fill out a School of Music application (included within the university application).
- Include three current letters of recommendation
- Submit a live or recorded performance audition on your primary applied instrument. Suggested repertoire may be found under the music studios area for your specific instrument/voice.
- Write a comprehensive biographical statement of approximately 250 words.
- Interview with the faculty.
International17951 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17951 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National17951 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17951 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
In-State9676 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9676 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.