About this Degree
Learn from internationally renowned experts in an online program recognized by the American College of Poultry Veterinarians (ACPV). This unique and innovative online Avian Health and Medicine program is for practicing veterinarians interested in being recognized health experts in the rapidly growing international poultry industry. The Graduate Certificate in Avian Health can be achieved in the first year, followed by two years of specialized study including the latest in avian microbiology and serology, food safety, public health, economics and international trade, advanced poultry medicine, and disease management.
The University of Georgia is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award baccalaureate, master’s, specialist, and doctoral degrees.
- Breeder Husbandry and Health
- Incubation Theory, Hatchery Practices, and Poultry Health
- Poultry Genetics and Nutrition
- Poultry Practicum
- Poultry Pathology
- Poultry and Public Health Issues Impacting International Trade
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesHealth Sciences Animal Sciences View 733 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
- All students must apply and be admitted to the University of Georgia Graduate School.
- Additional requirements include:
- Demonstrated interest or experience in poultry medicine
- A DVM, or equivalent degree
- A biographical sketch describing your experiences, interest in poultry medicine, and your reasons for applying to the Master of Avian Health and Medicine program
Competitive applicants will have:
- Minimum veterinary school grade point average of 3.0
- GRE combined verbal and quantitative score of 297 or 1000 if taken prior to August 1, 2011
- Written references from at least three people
International15096 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 45288 USD for the full programme during 36 months.
National15096 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 45288 USD for the full programme during 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.