The Forensic Science program is offered by Pennsylvania State University Graduate Faculty members, with enrichment by mentors from the academic faculty, public crime laboratories, and private forensic laboratories.
The curriculum is designed to provide students with innovative, hands-on, and multidisciplinary learning approaches to educate and train them in crime scene investigation, the science behind forensics, courtroom proceedings, and the ethical and social issues that they will be exposed to when they join the forensic community.
In addition, the program will develop teamwork and communication skills, which will be important when working actual cases in a crime laboratory.
- Courtroom Proceedings and Testimony
- A Scientific Approach to Crime Scene Investigation
- Criminalistics: Trace and Impression Evidence
- Criminalistics: Biology
- Laboratory in Crime Scene Investigation
- Forensic Science Seminar
- Drug Chemistry and Toxicology
- Forensic Seminar Series
- Ethics in forensic Science
- Research Projects in Forensic Science
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesChemistry Biology Forensic Science View 1147 other Masters in Biology in United States
- The master's degree in Forensic Science is appropriate for students with a baccalaureate degree in the biological sciences, chemistry, or a related field of study.
- Applicants are required to have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 (on a 4.00 scale) in their undergraduate degree.
- Submission of GRE scores is optional.
- In addition, each applicant is asked to provide a personal statement of interests and objectives, a statement of their definition of the word "ethics" and two letters of reference.
- Letters of reference can be submitted by the student's undergraduate adviser, research adviser, and/or an instructor for an upper level course taken as part of their major.
- An applicant may be asked to go through an interview process conducted by members of the forensic science faculty.
International40812 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 40812 USD per year during 12 months.
National24586 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24586 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for University Park
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.