Students may enter the program from a variety of backgrounds such as biochemistry, biology, biophysics, cell biology, chemistry, genetics, microbiology, molecular biology, physics, and other related disciplines. The student's research may begin during the first year.The Biochemistry, Microbiology, and Molecular Biology program is offered at Pennsylvania State University.
Research areas of faculty include:
- antibiotic discovery
- cell and developmental biology
- cell cycle control
- chromatin structure
- cryo-electron microscopy
- DNA binding proteins
- electron paramagnetic resonance spectroscopy
- iron, lipid, cellulose and xenobiotic metabolism
- nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy
- plant biology
- regulation of gene expression
- RNA binding proteins
- RNA structure
- signal transduction
- X-ray crystallography
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Core Concepts in Biomolecular Science
- Critical Analysis of the Biochemical, Microbial, and Molecular Biology Scientific Literature
- Seminar in Biochemistry, Microbiology, and Molecular Biology
- Ethics in Biomedical Science
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesMicrobiology Molecular Sciences Biochemistry View 478 other Masters in Biochemistry in United States
Students should have taken courses in biology, biochemistry, chemistry, physics, genetics, and/or microbiology
Admission to the program is based on:
- Prior research experience
- Personal statement of interests and objectives
- Course records and grades
- Letters of recommendation
International39720 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 39720 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National39720 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 39720 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
In-State23928 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 23928 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.