The emphasis of the program is on the core doctrines of copyright, patent, trademark, and unfair competition, with expansive electives in such areas as digital technology and electronic networks, biotechnology, entertainment law, and technology commercialization.
The Intellectual Property Law program faculty at Boston University includes the School of Law’s full-time professors and experienced practitioners from Boston’s boutique firms and technology companies, who bring practical experience to the classroom.
Program Learning Outcomes
Internationally trained students shall demonstrate:
- A basic understanding of the US legal system.
- An understanding of the core doctrines of intellectual property law.
- An ability to use legal authority and perform legal analysis.
- Proficiency in legal English in both written and oral communications.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Intellectual Property
- Trademark & Unfair Competition.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, National
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before
DisciplinesPatent & Intellectual Property Law View 22 other Masters in Patent & Intellectual Property Law in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed Application for Admission Form
- Application Fee: $85
- Official, Sealed Academic Records
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Personal Statement of Interest
- Curriculum Vitae
- Law School Admissions Test
International55700 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 55700 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National55700 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 55700 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.