Advanced proficiency in Spanish is a prerequisite for admission to the Hispanic Language and Literatures program offered by Boston University.
Students graduating with an MA in Hispanic Language & Literatures are expected to:
- Demonstrate an advanced understanding of language and literature in Spanish in a global context and from all historical periods.
- Demonstrate writing and research skills appropriate to professional use and observe ethical practices.
- Demonstrate a near-native mastery of the Spanish language, including the ability to write in Spanish at a level appropriate to professional use, and to communicate with native Spanish speakers.
- Be prepared to teach specific works and literary concepts at the advanced high school level, and work as language instructors at the college level.
- Spanish Through Translation
- Spanish Through Film and New Media
- Spanish Through Performance: The Theater of Everyday Life
- Spanish for the Professions
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesLanguages Literature View 363 other Masters in Literature in United States
- Three academic recommendations
- Personal statement/statement of purpose
- Summary of related coursework
- Writing sample
- Certified English translations of all transcripts and academic records.
International54720 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 54720 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National54720 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 54720 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.