The Glenn Korff School of Music also maintains a music computer lab, a state-of-the-art music technology research classroom equipped with computers and software for music instruction, composition, and notation. This master degree in Music is available at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln.
The performance complex consists of the Lied Center for Performing Arts, with stage dimensions sufficient for major touring production companies, and the Kimball Recital Hall. The following areas of emphasis are available for the M.M. program: performance, music education, composition, music history, music theory, orchestral/wind band/choral conducting, jazz studies, woodwind specialist, and piano pedagogy. The D.M.A. program offers emphases in performance (applied instrument or chamber music), composition, jazz studies, and conducting. The Ph.D. program is offered with an area of emphasis in music education, piano pedagogy, or vocal pedagogy. In addition, a certificate program in music entrepreneurship is available.
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Piano Pedagogy I: Foundations, Philosophies, and Theories
- Piano Pedagogy II: Approaches to Studio Teaching
- Piano Pedagogy III: Pedagogical Methods and Literature
- Piano Pedagogy IV: Group Teaching and Research and/or Writings
- Introduction to Graduate Studies in Music
- History of Jazz: Origins to Bop
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic View 979 other Masters in Music in United States
- Transcripts and/or mark sheets showing the grades earned in each course
- A diploma or certificate of graduation. (Not required if the transcript includes the name of the degree and the date it was conferred.)
- The Diploma Supplement, if the degree is Bologna-compliant
International960 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 960 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National960 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 960 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
In-State332 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 332 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.