Students seeking the MA in History of Ideas from University of Texas at Dallas may thus elect a professional option or a research option. Students with plans for doctoral study should choose the research option.
The research option requires students to demonstrate proficiency in an approved foreign language and to complete a portfolio.
Students concentrate on the study of philosophy and intellectual and cultural history, with a focus on modern Europe and America.
- Graduates of the program seek positions such as: teacher/educator, historian, researcher, historical site/museum curator, public history administrator, public policy administrator, archivist, writer and manager for public and private historical organizations.
- Career settings may include higher education, non-profits, cultural and historical organizations, government agencies, international development organizations, museums and archives, business/corporate entities and independent consulting.
- The Holocaust
- Literature and the Holocaust
- German History, Philosophy, and Literature
- German Literature and Ideas 1870-1960
- Literature of Weimar Germany
- Jewish Studies
- Modern Jewish Literature across Cultures
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory General Studies & Classics View 664 other Masters in History in United States
- Proof of English proficiency.
- GRE or GMAT score.
- Completed UT Dallas graduate application.
- Application fee.
- $50 non-refundable international credential evaluation fee.
- Diplomas and/or degree certificates. Upload scanned copies with certified English translations by the appropriate academic institution or government agency.
- All college/university transcripts or mark sheets.
- Letters of recommendation.
- Certified translation of non-English documents.
International22302 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11151 USD per semester during 12 months.
National22302 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11151 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State12344 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6172 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Richardson
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.