Biotechnology captures the exciting opportunities made possible by the decoding of the human genome and by the advances in bioanalytical instrumentation. The field is projected for continued rapid growth.
The MS in Biotechnology at University of Texas at Dallas is designed so that students may enter the program with a wide range of prior disciplinary backgrounds, prepare for and take the four core courses and, by choice from a wide range of approved electives, tailor the remainder of the degree program to their career opportunities. In this manner, students may develop areas of additional depth in fields such as:
- Molecular and Cell Biology
- Engineering and Computer Science
- Health Care
- Management and Business Administration
- Science Education
Graduates of the program seek positions such as: lab technician, quality control inspector and analyst, teacher, college instructor, academic or industrial scientist/researcher and healthcare professional.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Applied Bioinformatics
- Biotechnology Laboratory
- General Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
- Introduction to Modern Biology I (with workshop)
- Modern Biochemistry
- Classical and Molecular Genetics
- Molecular Genetics
- Eukaryotic Molecular and Cell Biology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiotechnology View 157 other Masters in Biotechnology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Proof of English proficiency.
- GRE or GMAT score.
- Completed UT Dallas graduate application.
- Application fee.
- $50 non-refundable international credential evaluation fee.
- Diplomas and/or degree certificates. Upload scanned copies with certified English translations by the appropriate academic institution or government agency.
- All college/university transcripts or mark sheets.
- Letters of recommendation.
- Certified translation of non-English documents.
International18856 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9428 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National18856 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9428 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
In-State10542 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5271 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.