About the Programme
The International Economics and Public Policy programme of Trier University combines application and research oriented courses. Students are trained to get an in-depth understanding of current topics and research in comparative and international political economy by using qualitative and quantitative advanced social science research methods. Students can choose among a wide range of topics related to e.g. problems of international economics, governance of the European Union or current developments in Asia.
Taking this interdependence seriously, the programme tries to look for effective and legitimate ways of governance and economic development in the 21st century. The Master programme MA IEPP is designed for students in Political Science, Social Sciences and Economics who are interested in an interdisciplinary analysis of the interplay between politics and economics in an international context. Graduates are prepared for career paths in the public and private sectors. The research orientation of the programme also qualifies students for a PhD programme.
The IEPP Master's programme covers four terms and 120 ECTS points. It is an integrated program with three political science modules, three macro-economics modules, and another three modules which can be chosen from either political science or macro-economics.
- Advanced Microeconomics
- Advanced Macroeconomics
- Research Techniques and Methods
- Economic Policies
- East Asian Politics and Governance
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEconomics Public Policy Political Science View 48 other Masters in Political Science in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Admission to this master's programme, requires an appropriate bachelor's degree with a minimum grade according to the subject examination regulations.
- Whether a bachelor's degree programme or parts of a bachelor's degree programme qualify for the admission to a specific master's degree programme, is decided by the departmental examination board during the application procedure on the basis of the subject examination regulations.
- Admission to this master's programme, also requires the following proof(s) according to the subject examination regulations.
- English language proficiency
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Trier
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.