The Computer Science MSc program offered at San Francisco State University combines a solid and practical curriculum with high-quality research and project-based activities. In addition to a general core covering the breadth of the computing discipline, students may focus on software engineering in globally distributed environments, computing applications for biotechnology and the life sciences, data mining/big data, and business applications.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Students will be able to design, develop, document, and test software using current techniques.
- Students will understand the fundamentals of computer architecture and computing theory.
- Students will be able to solve problems working in group settings.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to give presentations and write technical reports.
- Students will demonstrate an understanding of the importance of social and ethical issues related to the profession.
- Students will demonstrate a breadth of knowledge in computer science, as exemplified in the areas of systems, theory and software development.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to conduct a research or applied Computer Science project, requiring writing and presentation skills which exemplify scholarly style in computer science.
- Mobile application developer
- Web and internet application developer
- Game developer
- Bioinformatics Developer
- Data science/data mining developer
- Software Engineer
- Quality assurance engineer
- Manager of software development teams
- Systems programmer/administrator
- Computer network specialist
- System security and/or performance manager
- Application software designer
- Database designer/programmer/administrator
- Programmer in scientific or business applications
- Analysis of Algorithms
- Advanced Automata Theory
- Advanced Operating Systems
- High-Performance Computing
- Advanced Computer Networks
- Software Engineering
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Technology Computer Sciences Software Engineering View 1053 other Masters in Computer Sciences in United States
- SFSU Online Application Form
- Undergraduate minimum GPA: 3.0 or higher
- TOEFL Score
- 4-year Bachelors Degree
- Current general GRE (taken within last 3 years, submitted both electronically directly from ETS and uploaded as a PDF to your Cal State Apply application)
- 2 Letters of Recommendation (Uploaded by your recommender in the Cal State Apply Application)
- Statement of Purpose
International8918 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8918 USD per year during 12 months.
National8918 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8918 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for San Francisco
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.