The Actuarial Science degree program at University of Texas at Dallas objective is to educate future leaders of the actuarial industry with training in actuarial theory and methods in a wide spectrum of actuarial applications involving probabilistic and statistical models.
All students are prepared to take five actuarial preliminary exams. Students who have not taken classes required for Validation of Educational Experience (VEE) credits in statistics, finance and economics will have such an opportunity. Upon acquiring relevant proficiency in mathematics — particularly of probability, statistics, decision theory and financial mathematics — together with knowledge of insurance, passing five actuarial exams and obtaining three VEE credits, the graduates of the program can be expected to be able to work as actuaries in insurance, consulting, finance, government and emerging markets.
Graduates of the program seek positions such as: professionals in insurance industry, government, consulting, financial or accounting firms. The job of an actuary consistently appear among the top jobs in the rankings of 200 jobs by CareerCast’s Jobs Rated Almanac based upon factors such as work environment, income, hiring outlook and stress.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Probability and Statistics
- Theory of Actuarial Models: Life Contingencies
- Construction and Evaluation of Actuarial Models
- Advanced Actuarial Application
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFinancial Mathematics Actuarial Science View 56 other Masters in Financial Mathematics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Proof of English proficiency.
- GRE or GMAT score.
- Completed UT Dallas graduate application.
- Application fee.
- $50 non-refundable international credential evaluation fee.
- Diplomas and/or degree certificates. Upload scanned copies with certified English translations by the appropriate academic institution or government agency.
- All college/university transcripts or mark sheets.
- Letters of recommendation.
- Certified translation of non-English documents.
International18856 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9428 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National18856 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9428 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
In-State10542 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5271 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.