The Department of Teaching, Learning and Educational Leadership (TLEL) offers a Master of Science in Educational Studies degree for individuals interested in the general study of education who are not seeking certification to teach. This program is suited for several types of students.
The program is ideal for professionals working in schools in non-teaching positions and for professionals working with students or schools through human service agencies or in other settings who would benefit from a greater understanding of educational foundations, as well as for teachers and educators from outside the U.S. who desire graduate study in the field of education.
The program also serves teachers interested in obtaining a master’s degree in education but who work in a subject area OTHER than the certification areas offered by Binghamton University (childhood and early childhood education, special education, literacy education, or adolescence education in English, romance languages, mathematics, sciences or social studies).
More informationVisit official programme website
- Crucial Issues in Education
- Multiculturalism and the Practice of Schooling
- Adolescent Psychology and Education
- Child Growth and Development
- Positive Approaches to Behavior Intervention
- Adolescent Learners and Literacy for the Content Areas
- Applied Research Techniques
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesEducation View 3537 other Masters in Education in United States
All applicants must submit:
- Online application
- Personal statement
- Résumé or curriculum vitae (CV)
- Letters of recommendation
- Official GRE or GMAT scores, unless otherwise specified by program
- Any program-specific application materials, such as writing or work samples, licenses or certifications, and test scores
- International Student Financial Statement (ISFS) form
- Supporting financial documentation
- Proof of English proficiency (including TOEFL, IELTS and PTE Academic scores)
International24755 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 24755 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National24755 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 24755 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State13195 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13195 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.