The Theatre Arts program of San Francisco State University provides training for students wishing to expand their knowledge and increase their competence in the fields of history and literature of the theatre, acting, directing, theatre design, and production; seeking teaching credentials where the master’s degree is required; and preparing for further graduate work elsewhere.
Graduates of the program are prominent in professional theatre throughout the nation, with positions of leadership in theatre, television, film, and theatre education.
Career opportunities in theatre arts include performance and technical positions in professional, regional, and community theatres, as well as the areas of film and television for actors, directors, stage managers, designers (lighting, costume, scenery, and props), and craftspersons (stitcher, carpenter, props artisan). Teaching positions range from elementary and high school theatre classes through community college and university curricula in all aspects of the dramatic arts. Other career possibilities include such diverse fields as advertising, design (interior, fashion, display), drama therapy, and recreation.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Theatre Research and Writing Practicum
- Seminar: Theatrical History and Historiography
- Shakespeare: Text and Performance Seminar
- Seminar: The American Stage
- Seminar: Contemporary Plays and Performance
- Playcrafting and Dramaturgy
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesTheatre & Dance View 278 other Masters in Theatre & Dance in United States
- Statement of purpose (include proposed area and/or areas of emphasis).
- Copy of transcript.
- Three letters of reference from people who know the applicant’s theatre work.
- Information considered important but which does not appear on the transcript.
- English language proficiency (international students)
International8704 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8704 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National8704 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8704 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.