The History program of San Francisco State University is designed to accommodate students' interests and needs as they pursue a course of study under the direction of a committee of faculty members. Together with their committee, students plan a program to give both depth and breadth to their understanding of the past. The faculty is familiar with and sensitive to the needs of students who must work part-time or full-time while pursuing their graduate program. San Francisco and the Bay Area contain many libraries, archival repositories, and historical agencies where students can do research or obtain on-site experience through an internship.
The history program provides training for those interested in a teaching credential, for those preparing to do graduate work in several fields. The critical thinking and writing skills developed through the study of History at SF State are applicable to any area of employment. Our majors also find work outside of the classroom in marketing, politics, law, archival work, and project management.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- History as a Field of Knowledge
- Approaches to History
- The Historiography of World History
- Sexuality in Historical Perspective
- Seminar in Ancient and Medieval History
- Seminar in Medieval History
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesHistory Ancient History Modern History View 49 other Masters in Modern History in United States
- Hold a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution, or shall have completed equivalent academic preparation as determined by the appropriate campus authority;
- Be in good academic standing at the last college or university attended;
- Have a 3.0 GPA in their earned undergraduate degree or the last 60-semester (90-quarter) units completed, or have earned a post-baccalaureate degree; and
- Meet the professional, personal, scholastic, and other standards for graduate study, including qualifying examinations, as appropriate campus authorities may prescribe. In unusual circumstances, a campus may make exceptions to these criteria.
- English language proficiency (international students)
International8704 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8704 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National8704 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8704 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.