Key Learning Outcomes
Through the Master of Liberal Arts, Digital Media Design degree from Harvard University program you will:
- Develop an understanding and application of the latest tools in the communication portfolio, such as web design, video, and still photography.
- Build deeper knowledge of modern production methods and perspective to harness new and emerging technologies.
- Gain experience in applied learning through varied coursework and a thesis or capstone.
The degree includes nine courses—at least one taken on campus—and a thesis or capstone project.
- Get started. You begin by completing three admission courses chosen from the program curriculum. This is your opportunity to demonstrate your commitment and ability to perform well as a Harvard student.
- Apply to the program. While you are completing your third admission course, you submit your application. We have application periods in the fall, spring, and summer.
- Continue your studies, online and on campus. As you progress through the program, you choose from courses offered on campus or online, in the fall, spring, or summer. To fully experience Harvard, you take at least one course on campus as part of your degree. Short, intensive on-campus options are available.
- Complete your thesis or capstone project. If you choose the thesis track, you work with a thesis director to conduct in-depth research on a topic relevant to your professional plans. You'll emerge with a solid understanding of how research is executed and communicated, producing publishable quality results. If you choose a capstone track, you'll apply knowledge and skills obtained in the program to produce an innovative digital media prototype, ordinarily in web design or video production, and present it to a faculty committee for artistic and technical critiques.
- Graduate with your Harvard degree. You participate in the annual Harvard Commencement, receiving your Harvard University degree: Master of Liberal Arts (ALM) in extension studies, field: Digital Media Design.
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Introduction to Programming with Python
- Web GIS: Technologies and Applications
- Introduction to Computer Science Using Java I
- Introduction to Computer Science Using Java II
- Fundamentals of Website Development
- Developing for Drupal 8
- Dynamic Web Applications.
For more information please visit the program website.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Film, Photography & Media View 346 other Masters in Design in United States
1. To begin the admission process, you complete:
- One computational design course
- Two digital media design required courses or electives
You need to have an undergraduate degree to begin taking degree-applicable courses. The admission courses must be 4-credit, graduate-level courses. You complete all admission courses with a grade of B or higher, without letting your overall Harvard cumulative GPA dip below 3.0.2. Take the test of critical reading and writing skills:
You must pass this online test before submitting an application. Learn more about the test of critical reading and writing skills.
International35000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 35000 USD for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
National35000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 35000 USD for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.